Monday, July 15, 2013

Family History Work

This week has been

a wonderful week. We taught 16 member-present lessons, found 15 new
investigators and had a great follow-up exchange with the 8th ward
sisters! All credit goes to the Spirit for helping us every single second. I love this work with all
my heart. I'm so grateful to be out here. I'm starting
to get to the point of not wanting to home. :) That's a very good sign.
This week we have been focusing on
Jesse and he has become a true friend. We are all children of God...but Jesse is one
of my favorites. Without asking him, he deleted all his friends on
facebook who like to drink and party or even swear. He also has his
cousins and aunts and uncles working on getting him information about
his family members so that he can enter it in on family search. I sat
down with him at the church last Tuesday and created his account and
got him started. I told him about the prophecy of Elijah and he was so
excited to help his ancestors on the other side. Who knew that taking
that family history class back my first semester of college would pay off, right?
Such a blessing from the Lord. Jesse is incredible and has made so many
friends in our ward. Gracias a nuestro barrio de mission trails para dar amistad a nuestro investigadores! We are working very hard here and my body has
finally gotten used to the heat and it now feels second-nature to me

sometimes. Blessing. Por fin! 

Had exchanges with 8th ward sisters...Sister Moulding is hilarious. :)

That's all I have to say.
We are meeting metas here people! Yay!

So new way to make fudge. Have grandma send you a bag of junior mints
while out here in Horizon. Never stood a chance. But what awesome

minty fudge!
This is how we wash clothes every week...just thought I'd let you all know.

It was just barely past 11 am and look at the temp here! Record breaking. Nice

and cool. There's a first time for everything right?

No comments:

Post a Comment