Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just keep swimming...we're PMG missionaries!

(Hopefully this helps any preparing missionaries out there)

I have seriously been struggling with my studies.

My companion and I are not always on the same page and each investigator is so different, but my teacher, Brother Barnard, said the most inspiring thing tonight.
He said start reading and learning everything, anything that you can get your hands on.
Organize your scripture study.
Start the Book of Mormon over the minute you finish.
Yes, plan according to your investigator, but if you know the gospel already in your heart and mind, the spirit will prompt you to know which truth to share. Learn in well and learn it now. *Elder Ballard's same advice*
Start this minute!
Whenever a prompting comes, a verse stands out, a principle applied, a quotation well-liked, comes your way-write it down, highlight it, write it on your forehead.
If you gain a testimony- you will be able to remember it when needed.
If you're only focusing and learning one principle, then you may never use it - depending on who you teach of course. Learn one principle or 1 scripture at a time, but once learned-move on. Learn some more.
Keep learning. Read Chapter 3 in Preach My Gospel over and over. But you don't have to memorize it word for word. We aren't teaching discussions like missionaries past.
We are Preach My Gospel Missionaries.

Trust me...about Day 2- you're pushed into a room and you start teaching in whatever language you're assigned to. It's like the analogy with swimming. You don't know how to swim? Well, let's push you in deep water and you'll learn real fast.
Start your swimming lessons now.
Highlight your scriptures according to the PMG lesson colors. So helpful in the middle of a lesson. Prepare every needful thing-learn it well enough. This was so extremely helpful to me. I hope it is to you too!



I love my sweet companion.


...Hermanita Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment