Monday, February 11, 2013

Week One: MTC LOVE

There is no place like the MTC. Missionaries everywhere with incredible spirits. This place must feel somewhat like the other side of the veil with 'those' missionaries. It's a little piece of heaven here.
Sometimes I can't help but just look at my name tag and smile! 
I absolutely LOVE being a missionary:)
 This is my adorable companion Sister Biancardi from Portland. We get along so great!
I have the BEST DISTRICT EVER! There's 10 of us altogether who study Spanish in a tiny classroom for 8 hours a day. It has only been 3 days and we're already like a family.
Today I made a very hard decision. This morning in class my teacher pulled me out to talk to me. He said I was advanced enough to be put in with the native speakers and could be sent out to the field in 2 weeks!

Great news, right? No...

I have come to LOVE my district, companion, and zone so tremendously. When you get thrown into change you cannot help but get attached to those who are in the same boat with you.

I had one hour to decide. I was SO torn. I want to get out in the field more than anything, but I also love my missionary family. I knew one thing...I needed to pray. My companion suggested we find an empty room and we knelt down in prayer.

As we prayed, my stupor of thought left me and a couple of thoughts came to me...
#1-You're only in the MTC once.
#2- You may be able to help someone else.

After making my decision I walked back in the classroom and they all looked at me and I felt a confirmation in my heart as I told them- "Elders, I decided to stay!" 

Cheers erupted everywhere and truly, it brought me to tears. 

So...it looks like I'm staying for 6 weeks after all. 

Good thing I rather like it here:)

5 comments:

  1. You will be wonderful were ever you are. Me I would have been out of there just to get somewhere warmer. :) I think the other missionaries are going to learn so much and you are going to be a great example to them.
    Love ya and keep up the great work Sister!!!
    Alta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! So glad you are enjoying the MTC so much! I loved it there! Keep up the good work! Love you!--Aunt Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Kyrstin, I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it!! I was also excited to see sweet Elder Seth McCombie!! We were in the same BYU ward! If the rest of the missionaries in your district are half as sweet as him then you truly do have an amazing district!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hermana Silva! okay I hope you don't think this is weird, but I came across your blog on pinterest, and I noticed Elder Keenan is in your district! He is one of my good friends from BYU! Please tell him hello from Abby and Adrienne and that we love him! He is seriously awesome, we are sending a package his way soon! Good luck sister silva, I love your blog, its really helping me prep for my mission!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I'll have my papers in in 2 weeks and your blog made me more excited and determined! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete